There are several things I LOVED doing before kids came into my life :-)! A couple of those things came to mind this week and I thought it would be fun to write a few down this week because really the things I thought of are kinda silly but still nonetheless, I still miss:
- Being able to take a long warm shower and then put my bath robe back on and take a nap.
- Being able to get in and out of a store QUICKLY (especially in 2 degree weather)!
- Being able to get out of the house in 2 minutes flat.
- Work out whenever I want. Example: not at the crack of dawn or hoping someone can watch the kids around my "schedule"
- Having a Perfect Christmas Tree.
Okay so now that I have those off my chest, of course these next five things COMPLETELY outweigh the first five:
- Listening to Carter sing the "ABC song/Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".
- Having Evan randomly come and give me a hug and kiss and say "I love you, Mommy"!
- Having Evan get himself out of his crib, crack open the door and inform me that indeed he took a small nap and is ready to come join me. (He didn't really take a nap, instead I heard him climb in and out of his crib and play the whole time he was in his room.)
- Watching Carter read book after book after book quietly in his room on his rug. He sits with crossed legs and hovers over the book.
- Hearing "Momma or Mommy or Mom..." except when I hear it 30 times in a row in one conversation :-)!
What little things do you miss? And what things completely outweigh those? I would love to hear from you!