So after a hard few weeks, I sat down at my computer to write a post to complain. I still may finish that post. But I was convicted, I have to admit. So instead of complaining today, I wanted to just spend a few minutes - 5 to be exact and write down everything that I am blessed with and thankful for. Yep the teacher in me is giving me the 5 minute timer. I used to do this with the kids when they were brainstorming. It always seemed to work much better - giving them a set time instead of giving them as "much time as they needed" to brainstorm. And having them know it was a short amount of time really pushed them to write down anything and everything they thought of, even if they thought it was silly, or stupid, or not important.
So here it goes, in 5 minutes, I will write down everything that comes to mind that I am thankful for:
- My amazing, wonderful, patient, kind-hearted husband. Yes I could keep going with the adjectives but you get my drift and I only have 5 minutes!
- Forge - I am thankful that my husband works hard and is able to take care of us. And that he is able to follow his dreams!
- My boys! As much as they wear me down and stress me out. I am thankful that I have two healthy, happy, amazingly smart and funny boys!
- Our home! At least we have a home, that we own, in this economy. There are many things that need fixed and cleaned and organized but we have a place to call ours!
- That both sets of parents (mine and Jeremy) are still healthy and active. And that they live near us. My boys love their Grandparents.
- That I can almost run 3 miles outdoors without dying of a heart attack!
- 2 running vehicles.
- Pizza and cookies!
- A king sized bed to spread out in or big enough to have little boys snuggling with us in!
- Running water!
- A dish washer!
- A washer and dryer.
- A huge window in my living room that lets in the sun in the mornings
- Money to buy groceries - even though I hate couponing and making the food.
- Coffee! (French Roast especially)
- Springtime - daffodils and tulips peaking through the snow.
- The sunshine
- A husband that gets up with the kids in the middle of the night. Without complaining - most of the time!
- Heat/Air Conditioning
Okay, five minutes are up. I know that through out the day, I will think of more and that I will want to come back and revise. But I won't! I will maybe do another post some day soon, when I am bitter toward the world :-).
Because just in these past 5 minutes, I was reminded that even though I may be upset, bitter, tired, stressed, worn down, high strung, etc. that I need to remember that I am blessed!
Thanks for letting me rant!