Well, that is the short version. Thank you for all of your prayers and words of encouragement. I feel very blessed that I was able to leave the hospital with a healthy, happy boy. As I looked around at the parents and sick kids that were there, I was reminded of how blessed Jeremy and I are for having 2 beautiful healthy boys. And hopefully we won't need to go back to Children's anytime soon.
Well, today was Carter's GI appointment to get a second opinion on his pooping issues. When we first arrived they put him in a hospital gown. I know I shouldn't be taking photos at a time like this but I couldn't help myself. I didn't think hospital gowns looked good on anyone, but Carter proved me wrong. I can be lighthearted about this whole situation now because I did get some good news today.
Carter's poop showed no sign of blood today so that was a real answer to prayer. The GI did agree with Carter's pediatrician that he most likely does have a food allergy. She explained that 99% of all allergies at his stage are due to milk and 1% of all of those will also have a soy allergy. She was actually more concerned with my diet, since I have been strictly on chicken,rice and apple juice. She explained that the odds of it being anything else but milk or soy are almost zero so the good news is I can start slowly adding different meats in my diet right away, followed by veggies then fruits. I will probably still be a little safe on eating the other allergens (wheat, eggs, nuts and corn) for the next few weeks just to be on the safe side, but won't deprive myself if I have a craving. And even more exciting is that I can start feeding Carter solids. His dr. wanted me to wait until 6 months but the GI said to try the food I want him to try first and if he can tolerate it in my milk then he can have it on his own. So I will be eating some carrots in the next days and hopefully by next week Carter will be eating carrots on his own. Also with this type of allergy,babies outgrow it by 6 months and no later than a year, and because of this she didn't think it was necessary to do any other tests since he didn't have blood today and he is 4 and a half months old. Which was another big answer to prayer! I will still need to monitor his progress but she was pretty certain he will be okay as long as I keep to my diet.