Who doesn't love Play-Doh?? Most of us probably remember playing with it when we were children. We love it so much in our house that it takes up two shelves in our Education Closet! We have so many gadgets and accessories! I have encouraged the boys to play with it to help strengthen their hand muscles and fine motor skills. Jeremy has encouraged the boys to play with it to aid in their creativity side ;-). It is just been in the last few months that Evan has gotten into really playing with play-doh, pretending to bake cakes, build cars, animals and grilling out hotdogs! I love to finally see his imagination blossom. Carter, on the other hand, is Carter. He loves for us to make things then he takes them and pretends with them ;-)!
So when I was asked to have the boys try out the new Twirl ‘n Top Pizza Shop, it was a no-brainer!
Evan loved making all kinds of pizzas. He sat and played quietly while I was making a batch of muffins that he requested.
Carter on the other hand...
...well was just being Carter ;-). I would love to say that he was rolling out some dough or getting the cheese ready for Evan in this picture, but really he just enjoyed smashing the play-doh - as you can tell from his face. But he has been sick, so really anything that keeps him from whining is better then anything, right? He will enjoy it much better when he is feeling better!
During the cold winter months, the boys and Jeremy will break out the Play-Doh on the weekends and play for hours on end. Some of the best memories I have are watching them create Play-Doh masterpieces with their daddy while the snow falls outside!
Need some ideas - well head on over to Play-Doh's Facebook page. They have great seasonal ideas on what to make and on Play-Doh Playdates.
In honor of celebrating National Play-Doh Day, I get to give away one Twirl ‘n Top Pizza Shop:
One Evan Has Landed Reader will win a Twirl ‘n Top Pizza Shop. Here's how:
- Leave me a comment telling me of a favorite Play-Doh memory.
- If you are on Facebook, go "Like" Play-Doh. Leave them a comment letting them know I sent you ;-). Then come back here and leave a separate comment that you did. If you already follow Play-Doh on FB let me know that too.
- Make a Play-Doh creation with your kiddos and post a picture on the Play-Doh Facebook page. Then come back here and let me know that you did.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. Then come back here and let me know in a separate comment.
- Subscribe to my blog feed via RSS or email and leave a comment letting me know you did or already do.
Please remember to leave a separate comment for each entry (You can enter up to 5 times from the above list). This giveaway is open to all U.S. residents age 18 or older and will end Friday, September 23, 2011 at 9:00 p.m. EST. The winner will be selected by random.org.
*Disclosure: I was given the Twirl ‘n Top Pizza Shop for the boys to review, but the post and all opinions in them are purely my own and my kiddo's.