The morning of our last day of vacation in NJ, we headed to the beach for breakfast and to let the boys run through the sand one last time. We ended up eating at a little diner with an outdoor sitting area. When the waiter came by to get our drink order, I asked if they had juice for the kids? They didn't have any flavors that the boys would drink and so I asked for water. But then the waiter said they had a kids drink (don't remember exactly how he worded it. He may have said health drink or sports drink?) if I was interested in that.
I said sure, might as well try it.
He brought out this:
I had never seen or heard of KidStrong before. But immediately I was intrigued based on the claim on the bottle of "No Artificial Colors, Flavors, Sweeteners or Preservatives". I checked out the ingredient information and was pleasantly surprised by what I saw:
I tried it first. It was okay, I admit. But then I gave it to the boys and Carter drank it up and wanted more. Carter just doesn't drink down a whole cup of anything so for him to like it and drink the whole bottle during breakfast was a huge thing! Evan is a natural drinker so he drank the bottle too and enjoyed it!
If you follow my blog, by now you realize that I try to give my boys the healthiest foods possible (snack food in particular). And they both enjoy drinking water, 100% juice and sometimes milk. I rarely give them anything else besides those 3 choices. But as I mentioned earlier, Carter isn't much of a drinker. And lately neither boy has eaten much during the day. So I was excited about the prospect of this drink. On the days (or weeks ;-)) that Carter isn't interested in drinking or eating much, this would be a great way to keep him hydrated and squeeze in some vitamins and minerals at the same time!
Here are some Benefits of KidStrong:
- No artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners
- Low in sugar
- Low glycemic index complex carbohydrate blend
- Optimal electrolyte profile
- Power-packed with 22 vitamins, minerals, and nutrients
- Scientifically formulated for kids’ hydration and energy
And now that Evan is playing soccer, he may enjoy having a KidStrong after a game. Especially once he actually starts really playing soccer and gets thirsty and sweaty (which may not be for another year or so)!
I fell in love and decided to take a picture of the bottle of KidStrong so that when I got home, I could find out if anywhere near us would carry it.
I was disappointed to find out that KidStrong hasn't yet moved out west (right now they are doing the New Jersey / New York area but plan to expand further midwest very soon). But was happy to see that I could order it!
Now let me just warn you. A case of 12 bottles is normally $25.00. To be honest, I gasped a little bit because that is pretty expensive. But then I started thinking:
- Shipping is included!!
- If your kids play sports you probably already spend at least $1.00 on a Gatorade for them after each game.
- This is an all natural alternative to Gatorade or even worse Soda!
- So the cost isn't as shocking now as it was.
And right now they are offering the 12-pack for $19.49 (with shipping included). That makes it pretty comparable to Gatorade!
So I emailed them immediately to see if I could help spread the word on my ol' blog! And fortunately they were happy to allow me to do a review and giveaway!
One lucky person will receive 2 12-packs (one in grape, one in orange)
- Go check out KidStrong. Then come back here and tell me at least one thing you learned about KidStrong!
- Go "Like" KidStrong on Facebook. Leave them a comment letting them know I sent you ;-). Then come back here and leave a separate comment that you did.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. Then come back here and let me know in a separate comment
- Follow me on Twitter . Then come back here and tell me that you did in a separate comment.
- Tweet about this contest on twitter with a link back to this post, then leave a separate comment with your tweet URL.
- Subscribe to my blog feed via RSS or email and leave a comment letting me know you did or already do.
Please remember to leave a separate comment for each entry. This giveaway will end Thursday, September 9th, 2010 at 9:00 p.m. EST. The winner will be selected by random.org.
* Disclaimer: I enjoyed the product so much, I contacted KidStrong. KidStrong provided me 2 cases of product to facilitate my review. And made 2 cases available for the winner. All opinions ARE strictly my own.