You may have noticed I haven't been around much lately! The lazy days of summer have definitely kicked in. Sorta! Seriously, can you have lazy days when you have two boys 3 and under. I think not. So what I meant to say is the crazy days of summer have really kicked in. And I have just been lazy about blogging.
Because of our wonderful Ohio weather, the last few weeks you can have one minute of rain, then the next minute it is perfectly sunny. So when we head out to the pool or the park, I don't dare take the good camera with us. And our "cheapie" broke, so not many pics of the summer excitement going on. And I kinda have a thing about my posts having pictures in them. If I don't have pics, I don't do any writing. So I have opted for just enjoying my kiddos and putting the ol' blog on the back burner recently.
I can do that, right?
So here's a little bit of what we have been up to and my excuses for not keeping up with the blog:
- The pool!! I LOVE the pool! It's the best man made activity around for two crazy boys who need to run/swim off some energy! I am hoping to get some pics up soon. Because there have been so many times that I thought to myself "that would have been an awesome picture!" Both boys dearly love going to the pool. Jenny thinks Carter will be swimming on his own by the end of June - ha! He is a natural - for sure!
- We have visited every park in a 15 miles radius! Splash pads, jungle gyms, tennis and basketball courts!!
- We stay up late to catch fireflies!!
- We have eaten!! ICE CREAM!! And yes, these pics are from Carter eating his in his car seat - no I wasn't stressing at all about the mess- HA!
- Flagged down the Ice Cream Man!
- We have played at the Grandparents' Houses!
- We have played in the rain!
But isn't that what summer should be about? No schedules, no worries, just play and enjoy ourselves. Well at least that is what I keep telling myself. We are building memories! And definitely enjoying ourselves as we do it!
What are guys doing to enjoy the summer?
This post is part of Wordful Wednesday, for more like it, visit 7 Clown Circus.
To view a list of my Wordful Wednesday posts, click HERE.