So as I stated in my Boot Camp Post, I am trying out a new menu plan this week. I have several great menu items that have been "healthfied" but also hoping to keep the other troops in the household happy!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that these recipes will turn out easy and delicious and that I can keep them in the rotation of my new healthy lifestyle! If they are keepers, I will definitely let you know later on this week.
So here is my menu plan this week:
- Fruit Smoothies (blueberry, strawberry and peach) with Activia (yes I am going to try out the 14 day challenge because my gut is in serious need of a make over), orange juice and flax seed.
- Oatmeal with blueberries, flax seed and sliced almonds
- I am going to try these Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins for the boys and a possible snack item for me.
- Healthified Chicken Ceasar Pitas - I found several yummy-looking recipes but am only going to try one this week. I am super picky, so I will try a new one each week until I find a few easy to make lunches that I enjoy. I will try this and if I like this one, I will use up the ingredients for a few more lunches during the week.
- I also bought a few frozen meals that I know I'll use up, just in case.
- Monday - Healthified Beef Enchilada Pie, salad
- Tuesday - Forge Christmas Party
- Wednesday - Skillet Lasagna, salad
- Thursday - Dinner at my mom's - woot!
- Friday - Pork Loin, steamed veggies, brown rice (best pork loin recipe I have ever eaten! Every one who tries it asks for the recipe!)
- Saturday - Potato soup, grilled cheese (for the boys)
- Sunday - BBQ Pork sandwiches and soup (Leftovers from Friday and Saturday)