I kinda stress out a lot about making the holidays perfect for the boys. So much so, that I ruin the spontaneity of the moment and get disappointed when things don't go "just right".
So this year, during the holiday, I will:
- Remember the TRUE meaning of Christmas - Jesus' Birth - Let's Rejoice in our Saviour!
- watch every Christmas movie with my boys - in our Christmas jammies (stay up past bedtimes)
- laugh a little more
- take detours to see as many Christmas lights as possible
- Enjoy our reindeer
- try to keep my expectations to a minimum and just go with the flow
- Drink Hot Chocolate with extra marshmallows, as often as possible.
- Have a candy cane for breakfast - this one is Evan's idea ;-)
- Take a deep breath and exhale slowly when things don't go as planned
- Ask for help from my 2 little men, when it comes to baking cookies
- Allow flour to fly and icing to smear, all with a smile
- Not be on a "schedule"
- No complaining about crowds, people or waiting
- Experience Christmas through the eyes of my children
These are just a few of the things I hope to accomplish this Christmas Season. What's on your to-do list??