Because week 3 of our summer was beautiful pool weather we only did one item on our bucket list! So I decided to combine (and catch up) week 3 and 4. But still, we haven't done much on our bucket list because other fun things have popped up! Which I will never say "no" too - impromptu friends and family playdates are always fun schedule breakers! So here is what we have done over the past couple of weeks:
- We headed out Monday morning EARLY - after getting home late Sunday night from MomminItUp's Tide Cold Water Party to go blueberry picking with some friends. I had to wake the boys up and we still got out of the house a little later than I wanted. We drove about a half hour to the farm and you know what happened? It WAS CLOSED people! You know, one of the beautiful things about rural businesses, they don't update their information as quickly as the fast paced city dwellers would like. You know, their voicemail saying that they were open on Monday, or updating their Facebook status like Tuesday night stating that they wouldn't be open for U-pick probably for a couple of weeks. OH I love rural Ohio! So we decided to take the boys to a local fave: Young's Dairy! We had a great time playing putt-putt and feeding the goats. And of course ate some yummy ice cream!
Here is how our bucket list is looking so far for the summer.
- Stay up and catch Lightning Bugs
Create a Bubble Snake Maker
- Go to a Reds baseball game
Make your own Sidewalk Chalk Go to a Carnival/Festival Go strawberry picking
- Go blueberry picking
Make Glow-In-The-Dark Slime
- Watch Fireworks
- Make a sandcastle on the beach
Make campfire food: hotdogs and s'mores Nature Scavenger Hunt
- Go to an amusement park
- Have a water balloon fight
- Go to the Zoo
- Make your own CD hovercraft
- Make your own Bouncy Balls
Make your own Sidewalk Paint
- DIY Wind chimes
- Go camping
- Get ice cream from the ice cream truck
Do you have a list of things you want to do with the kids this summer? What fun things have your enjoyed with them?