Many, many weeks ago, I wrote a couple of posts on how I need more structure in my life and how I felt I was just barely getting by. So I thought I would reevaluate (or survey) how I have been doing since then. To get caught up from the beginning here are the 2 original posts (HERE and HERE). Here is the original list (in black) that I composed to get started on trying to get control of the tailspin, in green is what I have done so far:
- my household duties- slacker - I feel that I have made huge improvements in this area. On most days the house is cleaned when Jeremy gets home. I have made a flexible schedule where I vacuum twice a week, the main floor (kitchen, the boys rooms, the living room and a bathroom gets cleaned once a week and the laundry has been under control now for almost 4 weeks. I do laundry twice a week and everything is folded (maybe not put away).
- my workout duties- slacker - Nothing! I am still struggling with this aspect of my schedule. Although Jeremy and I have discussed making this a priority, I just have had no motivation. And to make things harder for me, my membership ran out last month and getting it renewed wasn't budgeted yet. I usually use Christmas money for this so I will wait another month. But just so you know I am NOT making excuses, I did check out some DVD's from the library to try in the interim, just haven't opened the cases yet.
- my “one-on-one time teaching my sons” duties- slacker - We are still running around trying to get as much outside time as possible, but I am being more deliberate in "teachable moments" while we are out. I have also made mandatory DEAR (Drop Everything and Read) time every day. I have been working on Letters and numbers with Evan more and making more Arts and crafts a priority.
- my “one-on-one time paying attention to my hubs” duties- slacker - You may have noticed that I am not on Twitter as much as I was. I have made it priority to not work on Blog stuff at night after 9:00 and decrease my Twitter time at night also. Now I have been flexible with this, if Jeremy is working at night, I may get on here and there but other than that, I stop all computer stuff at 9. I also try to get all housework done during the week so that Jeremy and I can play during the weekends with the boys instead of both of us doing "chores" during the weekend.
- my dinner duties-slacker - There has been an improvement, but not good enough. I would say, dinner is ready when Jeremy gets home 3 or 4 times a week. So this week I decided to get back to meal planning and actually writing out the plan to keep me accountable but also allow Jeremy to know what's up so that he can help out also. Having a written plan help our communication out!
- my eat healthier duties- slacker - I try, but along with working out, it is just easier to eat whatever the kids are eating or most days I am not hungry and forget to eat until I am STARVING then I raid the refrigerator while the kids nap and eat anything and everything in sight. This is where menu planning has helped me in the past. If I know what I am eating before hand (I used to plan breakfast, lunch AND dinner when I was pregnant with Carter) it truly keeps me on track.
Here were my original goals and I have crossed off the ones I feel I am doing well with and the ones that aren't crossed off, I will focus more on in the upcoming weeks.
- Workout 3 mornings a week - including cardio AND weights
- Spend 15-30 minutes with each son per day, individually doing activities that are age appropriate and educational.
- Have a healthy dinner ready for my husband, at least 4 nights a week. Keep in mind I have the luxury of eating at my parents one night a week and my in-laws one night a week. That gives us 2 nights of freedom.
- Have a routine set up for daily chores - blah!! Not really looking forward to this one.
- Limiting my computer play time (Twitter, Facebook, checking email) to 30 minutes a day.
- Working on this blog 30 minutes - 1 hour a day, or a total of 7 hours a week.
- Spend more time on daily devotions, in the Word and in Prayer
Hopefully I can report back in a couple of weeks with at least another item crossed off the list.