Yesterday, I gave you a glimpse into my obsession in all things Pink and how that is rubbing off on my boys! Today, I am giving you a chance to get your pink on (with a great cause!!) I LOVE a GOOD CAUSE!!
This is why, when I was contacted about getting the word out about Hanes partnering with the Susan G. Komen Foundation, I immediately was in! I have participated financially for many years helping several ladies close to me run in races and raise money for the foundation and I have even walked in some local races.
My last pair of running shoes were a pair of New Balance that some of the proceeds went toward the Susan G. Komen Foundation. When people commented on how bright my shoes were, I laughed it off and told them why the real reason I bought the bright pink ones. And no it isn't because I LOVE pink :-)! But, coincidentally, every time I went for a run, I was reminded of why I bought the shoes!!
My friends and family are well aware of what I will be sharing with you today. I have had Stage 2 Malignant Melanoma - twice! Two surgeries, two scars. But fortunately for me, my dermatologist caught it both times before it reached any lymph nodes. Jeremy has had thyroid cancer. We are well aware of what cancer can do to individuals and to families! As a woman, I am fully aware of the devastation of Breast Cancer. Here are just a few statistics:
- every three minutes, a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer
- Breast cancer incidence in women in the United States is 1 in 8 (about 13%)
- Besides skin cancer, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among U.S. women. More than 1 in 4 cancers are breast cancer.
In 2010, Hanes is supporting Susan G. Komen for the Cure® with a total donation of $500,000, which includes a $250,000 cash and in-kind donation to Passionately Pink for the Cure®, and another cash donation of $250,000 to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series. To ensure comfort every step of the way, the 1.5 million people who participate in Races this year will receive Hanes 100% cotton Tagless® T-Shirts.
Hanes is the 2010 Official Apparel for Susan G. Komen Passionately Pink for the Cure®, a program that empowers women to fight breast cancer by joining forces in teams and showing support by wearing pink for a day. The teams raise money that supports groundbreaking research and life-saving community outreach projects.
Hanes is also the 2010 Official T-Shirt of the Komen Race for the Cure® Series, the world’s largest and most successful series of 5k walks and runs. The series has reached more than 1.6 million people and in the past few years the event has raised more than $100 million to support local communities and national research, and events in multiple cities. This year, the Komen Race for the Cure® Series has 127 events planned in the US and 14 overseas, and will be organized by a small army of more than 100,000 volunteers.
Let me just tell you how much I LOVE this new Tee designed by CSI:NY Melina Kanakaredes!! I not only love the fact that it is pink and super cute BUT I love the way it fits. It fits me PERFECTLY! As I tweeted, I may just live in it, until I can get me another one. It is that comfy!! And since my wardrobe consists of jeans, shorts, tees and tanks while running after my two little speed demons, I may need to order a couple :-)!
I have a *little* problem finding tees to fit me right. Okay fine, it's a big problem. My midsection is my largest part of my upper body (I swear I am going to get lipo one day - but I digress) so I can't wear the "girly" tees. And I am so tall that many tees are too short and won't cover said midsection. So I was really NERVOUS when I ordered a Medium, which is what I normally wear in regular shirts. When I opened the package and tried it on, I literally called Jeremy and told him how excited I was about this tee. I had asked him to get me some new t-shirts for my birthday so that is the context of that phone call.
So now I am sporting a super cute tee and for an amazing cause! So I can be proud to wear it around while running frantically after my boys!
If you head on over to Hanes is Passionately Pink for the Cure, you can also design your own tee! So for you creative types, head on over and go at it. If people like it enough you could even win a prize!!
There are also many different styles tees supporting Mission Pink and they are only $9.99, you should pick up a couple and maybe another one for me :-). Head on over and check it out by clicking HERE.
All right so there is the info...I know you want to win your very own Hanes Passionately Pink Hope Tee (the exact one I am wearing). So here is how you can enter to win it:
- Leave me a comment! Yep to get entered to win just leave me a comment. Here are a few suggestions: Head on over to HanesPink and let me know what you think of their new campaign, has breast cancer impacted your life in any way?, have you participated in a Race for Cure? or you could just tell me how cute I am in my new tee :-)
Additional Entries (worth 1 entry each):
- Join Mission Pink on Facebook. Then come back here and leave a separate comment telling me you have.
- Subscribe to Evan Has Landed via RSS or email. Let me know that you have done so. Of course, if you are already a subscriber make sure you leave that too.
- Tweet about the contest on Twitter and leave a comment here telling me you did so (Sample: Win a @HanesComfort tee designed by CSI:NY's Melina Kanakaredes 4 Susan G. Komen. CUTE tee for a GREAT cause! http://bit.ly/an3gLJ )
- Post about the contest on Facebook and leave a comment here telling me you did so. (Sample: Win a Hanes Comfort tee designed by CSI:NY's Melina Kanakaredes 4 Susan G. Komen. CUTE tee for a GREAT cause! http://bit.ly/an3gLJ)
For 2 additional entries:
- Go design a tee!! I want to see your creativity!! And then come back here and leave me 2 comments that you did and we will go check it out (and maybe vote for you too!)
It’s that simple! Please remember to leave a separate comment for each of the entries. This giveaway ends Wednesday, May 26th, 9:00 p.m. (EST). Winner will be chosen by random using random.org.
For more favorites, check out Things I Love Thursday at the Diaper Diaries.
*I was given one shirt to review and one will be sent to the winner. My opinions of Mission Pink and my new tee are STRICTLY my own!!*