Hey all!! The Wonder Forge asked if I would be up for doing a review for their latest games. It only took me a second to respond with a "yes". We love Wonder Forge games in this house, so I knew whatever games they sent me we would love. Although I did request none of the girly ones ;-) for obvious reasons. Ha! And as usual the games that they sent did not disappoint. Do you have little ones who are super hero fans? Then they will LOVE the new Joker Fun House Game! Side story: Neither boy wanted to be the Joker because he was the bad guy! So Jeremy, in full dad duty, took over Joker with his cackling laugh and his best Joker voice. After one game, both boys fought over who would be the next Joker. I still don't know if that's a good thing or not - ha!
The boys don't watch a lot of day time cartoons because they are in school in the mornings, but when Carter is home he usually requests to watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates. So I knew he would love the two that were sent to us:
Jake and the Never Land Pirates Never Land Challenge Game Active: This game is reminiscent of one of the first Wonder Forge games we tried (The Cat and the Hat I Can Do That!). I love these two games because it get the kids up and active and it's pretty funny too watching mom and dad trying to keep up with the youngin's ;-)!
Jake and the Never Land Pirates Who Shook Hook Game: We haven't actually tried this one out yet because I wanted to put it under the tree! But I am sure the boys are going to LOVE it, just as much as the ones we did try out!
The last one we tried, I was a little skeptical about, because surprisingly enough, I think Jeremy and I are one of the last couples that DON'T own a iPad! I know, it's shocking. So one afternoon I pulled out Dr. Seuss Fun Machine App-Play Game and let the boys try it on my iPhone. Surprisingly enough, they enjoyed playing with it and shared the phone very nicely. I was a little shocked! There are three games that your child can choose from. My favorite for the boys to play is "Guess-A-Roo" because it makes the boys practice their deduction skills! I love the app because the there are three different difficulty levels. So I can set it for "easy" with Carter and Evan likes the more challenging settings! So it is very versatile! Even with just using the iPhone. Now if only we had an iPad to try it out on!
Because I do LOVE pretty much all of the Wonder Forge Games we have every played, I asked if I could do a Giveaway along with the review. So the good folks at Wonder Forge said "of course".
Giveaway: One Evan Has Landed Reader will win Jake and the Neverland Pirates Challenge Game
- Leave me a comment telling me about your child's favorite board game. Or you can let me know your favorite.
- Subscribe to my blog feed via RSS or email and leave a comment letting me know you did or already do.
- If you are on Facebook, go “Like” my new Evan Has Landed Facebook page. Leave me some love on my page. Then come back here and leave a separate comment that you did. If you already follow Evan Has Landed on FB let me know that too.
- If you are on Facebook, go “like” the Wonder Forge Facebook page. Leave them some love and let them know I sent ya!
- Tweet about this contest. (please include @cortney_plus2)
- Facebook this contest. (Please include "@EvanHasLanded")
Please remember to leave a separate comment for each entry (You can enter up to 6 times from the above list). This giveaway is open to all U.S. residents age 18 or older and will end Friday, December 7th, 2012 at 9:00 p.m. EST. The winner will be selected by random.org.
* Disclosure: I received the above games from Wonder Forge for my boys to review. All opinions are our own and the boys!