As you know, as a Chuggington Conductor I get to review all the newest of Chuggington! When I was asked for my boys to review the new Rev n' Race Railway of course I said yes. But I have to let you in on a little secret...after I thought about it some more while I was waiting to get it in the mail, I decided to wait to give it for Christmas. So this my friends isn't a normal review. I'm not going to say what we love about it and show you pics of my boys playing with it. I wanted to be honest and let you know that I haven't tried it out yet.
BUT, while my boys were watching t.v. (*cough cough not that they sit around and watch cartoons) a commercial came on for the new Rev n' Race Railway and Carter immediately asked for it! SCORE! I immediately wanted to run up and pull it out of the closet and let him play with it.
Besides trying to hold it for Christmas, we have had a beautiful warm November so far, so I have had the boys outside as much as I can. Trying to eek out as much outdoor play as possible before the lovely Ohio winter sets in. So we haven't had time to even play with much indoors. So I didn't want to open up a new toy just to have my kids stay inside during the nice weather. You know what I mean? But who knows, as soon as the weather turns cold and dreary I may pull out the new Rev n' Race '-)!
So that's where we are right now! But I decided instead of this being a review post, it could be a "what's new" post for Christmas ideas!
There are pros and cons to the purchasing sets, I have discovered. I never was one for buying train sets up until last Christmas. In my mind, having the kids make there own railways were so much more interactive and educational - really getting their minds going. But then I discovered with Carter (and Evan at his age) that by the time I "help" lay out a track, they were done playing. But when I received and reviewed the Launch and Go Roundhouse Chuggington Playset I realized that Carter would play for hours if the track was already set up and didn't fall apart easily (especially the wooden tracks). Shoot I get frustrated when the wooden tracks come apart while the boys are playing - especially if I spent a lot of time putting it together. After reviewing the Launch and Go, I had a new respect for the Die Cast playsets. I put them together and they don't come apart easily. The boys play quietly and don't call for me every minute to fix the track. Who knew? I didn't, since I was kinda a wooden track snob. Don't get me wrong, there is a time and place and age for the wooden tracks to come out and stay, but right now, Carter would rather play independently with our die cast sets, which gives me time to you know cook dinner, take a shower or any thing else I need to get done ;-)!
- Over 4' layout
- Can race 2 Chuggers at a time
- Includes unique Chugger Championship Koko
- Kid powered, no battiers required
- Compatible with other Chuggington Die-Cast engines and products.
One Evan Has Landed Reader will win a Traintastic Rev n' Race Railway for their little trainee! Here's how:
- Did you enter my "Think Safe, Ride Safe, Be Safe!" Giveaway? If you participated already, leave me a comment letting me know. If not, head on over to the "Think Safe, Ride Safe, Be Safe!" Giveaway and get entered. Then come back here and leave me a comment that you signed the "Think Safe, Ride Safe, Be Safe!" Pledge (You better hurry on this one, it ends this Friday, November 11, 2011)
- Leave me a comment ;-) (Pretty difficult I know)
- If you are on Facebook, go "Like" Chuggington on Facebook. Leave them a comment letting them know I sent you ;-). Then come back here and leave a separate comment that you did. If you already follow Chuggington on FB let me know that too.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. Then come back here and let me know in a separate comment.
- Follow @Chuggington on Twitter. Then leave me a comment letting me know that you did.
- Tweet about this giveaway - Please make sure you have @Cortney_plus2 and @chuggington. Then come back here and let me know that you did. Here is an example: "Win a #Chuggington Rev n' Go Raceway just in time for Christmas from @Cortney_plus2 and @Chuggington http://bit.ly/vZZynl"
- Subscribe to my blog feed via RSS or email and leave a comment letting me know you did or already do.
Please remember to leave a separate comment for each entry (You can enter up to 7 times from the above list). This giveaway is open to all U.S. residents age 18 or older and will end Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 at 9:00 p.m. EST. The winner will be selected by random.org.
* Disclosure: This post was written as part of the Chuggington Conductor campaign, which I am proud to be a part of! I was provided with some tools from Chuggington to help facilitate my review, but the post and all opinions in them are purely my own and my kiddo's.