Psalm 33:8: Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
Psalm 52:9: I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.
This time last year, I knew the upcoming year was going to be a big one for you, Evan. Boy, I (and your dad) had no idea really what a crazy, busy, exciting year it would really turn out to be.
This year was a huge year of firsts:
- You learned to ice skate.
- You learned to ride a 2-wheeler without training wheels.
- You learned to swim. You have conquered swimming the full length of the pool without any flotation devices - front crawl and backstroke.
- You conquered the diving boards - the low dive AND the HIGH dive.
- You tried surfing for the first time.
- You lost your first 2 teeth.
- You ran your first race.
- You caught your first fish
- You had your first cavity (and filling)
- You graduated from Speech therapy.
- You started Kindergarten.
- You learned to read.
- You had your first major surgery - fixing your beautiful crazy eyes.
- You started piano lessons and had your first recital.
- You can now shoot on an 8 foot rim.
- You were the leading scorer on your fall soccer team.
- You excel in school and are a great role model (your teacher's words not mine ;-))
We have had such an amazing year watching you grow and mature! You are such an amazing young man, who we are so very proud of! We love you so much and CAN NOT wait to see what this year has in store for you!