This time every year, many bloggers post their top ten posts for the year. I'm not so much doing it because "every body else is doing it". Honestly I wasn't going to do such a post this year, but my mind changed after coming across a post last night and I laughed hysterically (and cried a little too, I admit). You see, my number one reason for starting Evan Has Landed, was to chronicle my children's childhoods, so that I wouldn't forget the *details* of these years. I was looking back last night on last December's posts and came across a story that I totally forgot about. One that at the time, I wouldn't dream of forgetting. But as the year progressed it was erased from my memory. The post you ask?:
- Mom, I Pooped. Come on with a title like that, I was curious to know what I had written. And to my amazement, I totally forgot it. Man, how could I forget about POOP being all over my living room! God made mother's to have short term memory loss on purpose. Because if we remembered EVERY. LITTLE. DETAIL we may never have any more children.
Then I thought to myself, what the heck, it's my blog. I can post whatever I want. So I picked out a few more of my favorites. Join me, if you would like. I bet some of these stories will hit home with you too ;-)! And if they do, let me know, why doncha?
- My baby's first day of preschool. And surprisingly enough, I didn't lose it. HA!
- If only I could be this lucky each time one of my children got sick! THIS IS A MUST READ!! Being Blessed in Unexpected Places.
- Being humbled by a virus. In a Moment: Still and Quiet
- The constant Toddler chatters that make a mom GO CRAZY!
- The first of many Anatomy talks!!! Lord HELP ME!!
- Or the reason why my kids still break out in a cold sweat when I ask for them to get in the stroller.
- The selfish moments I try to steal once in awhile.
- Realizing my kid is going to be an amusement park junkie. HOLD ME!! And find someone who will go on the rides with him.
- Playing mind games with you kids is ALWAYS a fun past time.
- I turned a corner and started writing about poop more. Because I've been told that poop sells ;-)
- What happens when you go on your annual football date weekend...Oh my! That's a fun one.
- The moment my boys became friends.
- The post that proves parenthood is Glamorous - because if it can happen, it will!
- And lastly, Translation, please. The reason why I must eavesdrop on my boys conversations.
Thank you for coming along this ride, called a blog, with me!! Can't wait to see what 2011 brings.