It was exactly one year ago that I became a SAHM. I absolutely love staying home with my boys - actually a whole lot more than I ever thought I would. Cons (Things I miss about working):
- Extra Money - Let's face it, teachers don't make that much, but every little bit helps!
- Screaming kids - I had a place to go when the kids were crabby.
- Dressing Professionally every day - my wardrobe isn’t as large as it used to be!
- Carrying on an adult conversation - Boy I really miss this one. Even when I do get to speak with adults there are usually kids around and finishing a full conversation is rare.
- Getting to send the kids home at the end of the day.
- Teaching math everyday. I love math and really miss getting to share that love with others!!
- Making a difference in 50 kids’ lives each school year. I don't know if I will ever know if I truly touched a life but knowing that I tried is well worth it!
Pros: things I LOVE as a SAHM
- Naptimes - I don’t get them often but I can sneak in a couple every once in awhile during the work week.
- Not having to grade papers, make lesson plans, or participate in parent teacher conferences
- I don’t have to dress professionally every day.
- Watching my kids grow up - witnessing first steps, hearing first words
- I can go on road trips during the school year - my first vacation during the school year was a very surreal feeling. I felt as if I was breaking a rule!
- Making a difference in the lives of the 2 most important kids I know!!