Last week I started my quest to get back into shape and lose the weight that I have packed on these last few months. As a part of my accountability and a promise I made that I would let you guys know how the new recipes panned out, I want to share with you in this post how my week went.
I tried several new recipes. Here is the break down of what the peanut gallery thought of the new food choices.
- Although I was making my fruit smoothies for myself, the boys hear the blender now and come a runnin'! I guess I should be making a little extra for them each time :-)!
- Whole Wheat Zucchini (and a batch of carrot) Muffins were a hit. The boys LOVED them and Jeremy did too. I would recommend these to everyone.
- Healthified Chicken Ceasar Pitas - I enjoyed these at lunch every day. I liked them and would make them again. They actually held my hunger very well through the afternoon, which I enjoyed even more.
- Healthified Beef Enchilada Pie - this was this week most popular. Jeremy loved this dish and said it was a 10 out of 10. I will definitely be putting this recipe in my rotation.
- Skillet Lasagna - Was okay but it didn't help that I didn't follow the recipe instructions and had too much water in it. I tried to cook the extra water off but it was still really runny. But I would definitely make this again because despite the screw up both boys gobbled it up.
- Potato soup - This was a great soup on a cold day! I am not really into soups but it was an easy recipe (which is what I like) and it tasted great.
So I was 5 for 5 on the new recipe selections. Can't wait to try some more out this week!
Work out plan:
I worked out the 3 days that I had scheduled! I did cardio for at least 40 minutes each day (combination of elliptical and running because I have workout ADD) and did some weights. My goal was to burn 250 - 400 calories each time and I succeeded even though on Friday I took it a little easier because my feet were ACHING!! I guess I worked so hard the first 2 days that my body rebelled by the end of the week. I also spent A LOT of time on my feet with the cake preparation, which may had an impact also. But needless to say, I achieved this week's goal of working out 3 days.
I lost 2.8 pounds this week. I did cheat Tuesday night - I had a glass of wine with dinner! And I cheated on Friday night by having a icing-less cupcake and half a bag of mini rice cakes - but I WAS STARVING for some reason. I am assuming it was because of the stress I put on my body all week and the stress of the cake being picked up. But other than that I wasn't hungry with my meal plan and 2 small snacks a day.
I didn't do well on sleep this week. I was up until 1:00 two nights this week working on "the cake". But at least I didn't waste my time on the computer :-). So I think that goal was partially made - ha ha! I couldn't believe that I went almost 3 days without checking my google reader and Twitter.