Jeremy took me out for an early Birthday date. My birthday isn't until this Friday, but he thought it would be fun to celebrate last week because the Goo Goo Dolls came to town. Yes, you can now try to figure out how old I am based on that last statement :-)! So I though it would be fun to recap the night by linking up to Oh Amandas Top Ten Tuesday. So here we go:
The Top Ten things I loved about my Birthday Date 2010:
10. Dropping the kids off at Grandma's and Grandpa's house for a sleep over!
9. Having Jeremy all to myself for 12 hours.
8. Enjoying a bottle of my favorite Riesling, Schmitt Sohne, at one of my favorite restaurants (see if you can figure it out by the picture).
7. Did I mention, a date with my husband, without my kids?? I don't know how to slow down and enjoy a dinner. So we put it in the hands of one of my favorite restaurants, who pride themselves in the relaxing experience not only the wonderful food!!
6. The Melting Pot, Lover's Lane. And if the private booth, the bottle of wine and the amazing food wasn't enough, Steve, our waiter, brought me out some extra Oreo covered marshmallows because I mentioned those were my favorite dipping item!
5. Jeremy organizing the whole evening, IN ADVANCE!! Let's just say that Jeremy kinda *cough cough* waits until the VERY last minute to make plans for special celebrations (as in runs out the morning of my birthday and picks up a card, signs it in the car and then brings it in to me :-)) and tends to be a little indecisive when making decisions. Don't fret, I am not talking down about him, he is well aware of this and we joke about it all the time. So the fact that he took charge and made a wonderful birthday celebration for me is an amazing gift in and of itself!
4. My new t-shirts. Jeremy can be a little *picky* about t-shirts. You know, since he is a graphic designer and all. I was in desperate need for some new t-shirts. So I put Jeremy in charge of finding me some "cool" ones and ones that when I wore them he wouldn't make snide remarks about. He picked me out 2 tees from Threadless.
Not that I'm complaining, but the t-shirt I REALLY wanted:
was sold out!! :-( But Jeremy did email them so hopefully if they get enough requests, they'll reprint it and I can get one...
3. The Goo Goo Dolls came to town! They have a sorta special place in our relationship. Their first #1, "Name", came out when Jeremy and I first started dating. And many of their hits were in the years of our dating relationship. Before college degrees, wedding bands and kids! The Goo Goo Dolls, without sounding goofy, were one of those bands that we listened too when we were "growing up". So hearing "Iris", "Black Balloon", "Slide" sends us back to those carefree days of high school and college. When we thought we would be young forever, blaring the radio, with the windows down.
2. Heading into the concert and the ID checker actually thinking I should be carded! Woot! I, of course, didn't realize that they were carding and were giving out 2 different color wristbands. I, being completely oblivious of how these things work now a-days since having kids, asked what the different bands meant. I didn't even bring my ID with me. She said "I don't know, I think you need to be carded." I started to laugh and she said, "no seriously". I informed her that she made my night since I was celebrating my 32nd birthday. She was shocked to hear I would be 32!! Not that I think she thought I was 21, but that I was in my twenties made my night even better!!
1. Okay so I am going to combine several in this last one because they all kinda fit together.
Watching all the teeny-boppers leave after hearing the opening act: The Rocket Summer which a.) I have never heard of because I live in my own little kid bubble and b.) They weren't half bad. c.) The Goo Goo Dolls? Leaving before hearing the Goo Goo Dolls?
Watching 40 year old drunk people dancing in the isles and looking like IDIOTS. Some of them even getting escorted out of the concert. Not really what I would call a "fun" evening...for them! Geesh people!
Singing "Iris" at the top of my lungs along with the rest of the crowd, with Jeremy's arm around me, and getting thrown back in time for a few moments.
What a great birthday! Thank you Jeremy! It was too much fun!