As you already know, since I am a Chuggington Conductor, I have been giving you a heads up on all things Chuggington. And last week, I mentioned some exciting news: Chuggington toys are coming to a Toys"R"Us near you! Products currently available at chuggingtonstore.com will be on shelves at Toys “R” Us across the United States on October 10th! The Chuggington Learning Curve toys are available now ONLINE and they’ll be on the homepage of ToysRUs.com on Sunday, September 19. Too celebrate, Learning Curve sent me a few of the items that will be hitting the stores for the boys to check out. Let me just give you a short little story:
Monday evening, me and the boys got home about 8:15. It was already later than I wanted the boys to be up since Evan had preschool Tuesday morning. But you know, when visiting with the grandparents, it is hard to get out of there on time. I saw that we had a package on the front porch so I led the boys in the house through the garage and ran to the front porch to see what it was. I knew from the address that it was Chuggington goodies for the kiddos.
I had a decision to make. Hold off on opening the package until after Evan's preschool on Tuesday or let them open it right then and possibly have a fight on my hands about bed time and a cranky preschooler the following morning. What did I decide...
Immediately, Evan started singing the Chuggington (Cuggington according to him) theme song and Carter was already deciding which engines to securely hang on to so that his older brother couldn't get them (poor kid constantly is holding either a train or hot wheels in his hands with a death grip because you never know when your big brother will attack).
We received the Launch & Go Roundhouse, an extra track pack and Wilson, Brewster and (Evan's favorite) Mtambo die-cast engines. The engines were a hit right away. Evan was super excited about getting Mtambo. In one episode of Chuggingtion, Mtambo is chasing around a monkey - which he calls a "cheeky monkey" and Evan laughs and laughs every time he watches that episode! So of course, Evan took Mtambo and started to reenact that sequence of events.
Jeremy and I tried as fast as we could to get the roundhouse and track put together with impatient preschoolers grabbing at EVERYTHING and telling us to hurry up.
Once we did, the boys checked out all the bells and whistles. Evan's favorite feature was that the "garage doors" make different sounds when they open. One does a little snippet of the theme song. One does a train sound...etc. Carter immediately started "choo-chooing" around the track. You know with death grips on Koko and Brewster.
Needless to say, the boys didn't go to bed until about 9:30! OOPS! And they have been playing with it non-stop since. Actually Koko and Brewster have had the honor of traveling with us, everywhere Carter has gone (in the truck, to the park, to Babci's house and even to bed ;-))
And if you don't believe me check out this *adorable* video of my kiddos - because I'm not biased in the least - ha!
And to celebrate even MORE. Learning Curve wants to give the similar package away to one of my readers!! WOOT! So that means that one lucky reader will receive the Launch & Go Roundhouse, a track pack and 3 engines (this is the difference, engines may not be the same as I received)!
To enter (mandatory entry):
- Head over to Toys R Us, check out which Learning Curve Chuggington toys you can now purchase online, then come back here and leave me a comment on which item is your (or your child's) favorite.
- If you are on Facebook, go "Like" Chuggington on Facebook. Leave them a comment letting them know I sent you ;-). Then come back here and leave a separate comment that you did.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. Then come back here and let me know in a separate comment.
- Follow @Chuggington on Twitter. Then leave me a comment letting me know that you did.
- Tweet about this giveaway - Please make sure you have @Cortney_plus2 and @chuggington in the tweet. Here is an example that you can copy and paste: Train-tastic @Chuggington giveaway from @cortney_plus2, celebrating the 1st Chuggington toys available at ToysRUS. http://bit.ly/adaL7b
- Subscribe to my blog feed via RSS or email and leave a comment letting me know you did or already do.
- Leave me a comment telling me how darling my kids were in the video ;-)
Please remember to leave a separate comment for each entry. This giveaway will end Friday, September 24th, 2010 at 9:00 p.m. EST. The winner will be selected by random.org.
* Disclosure: This post was written as part of the Chuggington Conductor campaign, which I am proud to be a part of! I was provided with some tools from Chuggington to help facilitate my review, but the post and all opinions in them are purely my own and my kiddo's.